Thursday, January 21, 2010

Reflection



Well with everything that has happened, not a lot has changed.  With these changes and what has happened I have been very reflective on what has happened in my life up to this point and surprisingly when I would remember one particular moment suddenly years and years of memories have come flooding back.  I actually marveled at how much I have changed over the years and how my friends and those who I have come to rely on are so different from each other.  But also as much as I have changed my feelings towards those I have know in the past have not changed.  I still am grateful and love my friends who I met and played with at a young age, even my childhood 'loves' bring back fond and happy memories.  While reflecting on my life I wondered how I became who I am.  When I was a little girl I was very imaginative, creative and very very social  My family did not have a lot of money and I was left to come up with the fun in my life.  I could make a tree into a carwash or a shop, a shed became a house or a fort, even a pile of rocks became a castle.  Incedibly when I moved and my circumstances became better and bigger,  My imagination changed.  I suddenly had a huge tv, a huge room, a giant back yard, and video games.  I also was older and the little kids stuff was seen as babyish and immature.  As I got older the more I would relish the small child like qualities I had.  I still have my imagination and creativity.  I now adapt to new situations and new technologies with ease and because of my social nature as a child I am still very social and can find common ground with anyone.  I now realize how much my family and friends have shaped me into the women I have become and to them I am most grateful.   

No comments:

Post a Comment