Thursday, February 24, 2011

My second family

Tomorrow I will attend the funeral of Colleen Collins Smith.  An amazing women, who really lived and loved life.  I've been apart of the dance studio life for 6 years now, though I did not dance.  I tried to do all that I could to help.  Her family has become my family.  I have shared birthdays, parties, big show, tours, and random visits with them and they have been loving and kind to me.  I spoil their children (Colleen's grandchildren) even though they keep telling its too much.  I can't imagine my life without them in it.  They have inspired me.  Colleen and I talked these many years, most just short chats and gossip sessions on tour, but before she died I was able to see her a few times and talk.  We talked about everything.  She made me promise to never take a semester off again and to finish my degree or she would haunt me.  I will miss her dearly. 

One day we will see each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment